Sunday, June 14, 2009

Songs Of The Rolling Stones: All Blues'd Up!

While doing some research on a Rolling Stone's song I came across the mp3 album Songs Of The Rolling Stones: All Blues'd Up!.

I'm not sure how this album slipped under my radar, but I missed it back when it was released in July 9th, 2002.

And I would like to present it to you today, because I love how it highlights the blues music of the Rolling Stones and because their songs are performed by some great blues musicians.

Songs of the Rolling Stones: All Blues'd Up
(This Ain't No Tribute Series)
All Blues'd Up: Songs of the Rolling Stones by Various Artists
click image for mp3 album info


Track Listing

Please click song title below to play mp3 sample

1. You Can't Always Get What You Want - Luther Allison

2. Tumblin' Dice - Johnny Copeland

3. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Junior Wells

4. Wild Horses - Otis Clay

5. Honky Tonk Women - Taj Mahal

6. Sway - Alvin Youngblood Hart

7. Ventilation Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown

8. Beast of Burden - Willie 'Popsy' Dixon

9. Under My Thumb - Lucky Peterson

10. It's All Over Now - Bobby Womack

11. Midnight Rambler - Larry McCray

12. Heart of Stone - Joe Louis Walker

13. Moonlight Mile - Alvin Youngblood Hart

The Rolling Stones @Amazon.com

The Rolling Stones @SqueezeMyLemon


1 comment:

sixties said...

Like the Rolling Stones...there are no others! An amazing product of the sixties culture, The Rolling Stones are still playing shows today. And still enjoy a great success among their audience, an audience that is getting bigger and bigger.