Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same on Blu-ray

Led Zeppelin -
The Song Remains the Same [Blu-ray]
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same [Blu-ray]


Probably not what most think of when they think of blues music, but I always associate Led Zeppelin with the blues.

I can't tell you the number of times that I have seen the Led Zeppelin Concert movie The Song Remains the Same. Filmed during the band's legendary three-night stand at Madison Square Garden in July 1973 and released theatrically in 1976, The Song Remains The Same features Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and the late John Bonham in a mesmerizing movie with classic music performances that include 'Dazed and Confused', 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Whole Lotta Love' and more.

It used to get shown here in San Diego as a midnight movie back when I was a young seamen in the Navy, back in the early eighties. Me and my buds would go to the midnight movie, and try to pick up girls, in various states of sobriety (that is why I can't remember just how many times I have seen it.)

But I will admit that I enjoyed it every time, that is why I kept going back, LOL.

This two disc set contains;
In addition to their performances, fantasy sequences and at-home glimpses of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and the late John Bonham, this Special Edition has over 40 minutes of newly-added extra features including: Two never-before-released songs in rare performance footage: Celebration and Over the Hills and Far Away; Vintage TV Footage: Drake Hotel Robbery during the New York Concert Stand; Robert Plant BBC Interview and Tampa Concert Band Arrival.



Other Led Zeppelin DVDs @Amazon.com

Led Zeppelin @SqueezeMyLemon

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Post a Comment