Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Release - I Got Blues For You - The Homemade Jamz Blues Band

I Got Blues for You
I Got Blues for You by The Homemade Jamz Blues Band
Every since I first heard the Homemade Jamz Blues Band, I have been intrigued by them. To see young people play the blues the way they do is very inspritational and bodes well for the future of the blues music.

They burst on the scene by rocking the Blues world by winning second place in the 2007 International Blues Challenge in Memphis. Where they competed with 100 other bands.

Their first album, which came out last year, Pay Me No Mind sold well and received a Blues Music Award nomination for Best New Artist Debut. They also appeared on the Today Show, were featured on NPR's "All Things Considered", and profiled on the CBS Sunday Morning News (which is where I think I first heard of them).

This new 2009 album, I Got Blues for You, showcases some incredible songwriting, Ryan's fantastic lead guitar, Kyle's booming bass lines, and Taya's hard-hitting drums. Click on the image above to listen to mp3 samples.

track Listing

1. Hard Headed Woman 3:50
2. Rumors 3:51
3. Dusk Till Dawn 5:57
4. Roots 3:30
5. Heaven Lost An Angel 7:59
6. Loco Blues 4:12
7. King Snake 3:51
8. Hobo Man 4:44
9. Alcoholic Woman 6:34
10. In The Wind 4:03
11. Grits Ain't Groceries 2:57
12. I Got Blues For You 3:36

The Homemade Jamz Blues Band @SqueezeMyLemon


No comments: