Thursday, June 04, 2009

Spotlight on the blues: BB King - Blues On The Bayou

B.B. King plays a kind of universal blues, an eveyman's blues. I know a lot of people who claim that they do not like blues music, but they like B.B. King. This makes me laugh and kind of proves my point. It really comes down to being able to tap your foot and getting into the grove.

Blues on the Bayou is a laid back, tap your foot, get into the groove kind of album. It easly puts you in the mood, and many who have heard it love it.

When he made this album Mr. King said this was a "back to basics jam ... with my conviction that this current band is my best ever." I think he hit it on the head.

Blues On The Bayou
Blues On The Bayou by B.B. King
click image for info @Amazon.com



Track Listing

1. Blues Boys Tune 3:29
2. Bad Case Of Love 5:28
3. I'll Survive 4:52
4. Mean Ole' World 4:30
5. Blues Man 5:19
6. Broken Promise 3:34
7. Darlin' What Happened 5:26
8. Shake It Up And Go 3:10
9. Blues We Like 5:08
10. Good Man Gone Bad 3:20
11. If I Lost You 4:57
12. Tell Me Baby 3:26
13. I Got Some Outside Help I Don't Need 4:37
14. Blues In G 3:28
15. If That Ain't It I Quit 3:20

B.B. King @Amazon.com


3 comments:

Ron Moorby said...

I'm going to buy it!

jadedj said...

No way...there's somebody out there who doesn't like the blues? Head's screwed on wrong. I'm going to check this one out, because he IS the king.

fitzgerald said...

Ron I think you will enjoy it.

jadedj Yes, not only have people told me they did not like blues music (because it all sounds the same), but these same people would make statements about how they loved Led Zeppelin.

Poor souls did not know the difference. LOL

And yes, Mr. King is the king, long live the king.