Monday, June 15, 2009

Don't be afraid of the dark

I have always stopped to listen to Robert Cray - always I think with good results. I guess I came across him in the '80's

Wikipedia says

According to the book Guinness Rockopedia, "the 1980s 'blues revival' revolved around Cray. His blend of soul,vocals and blues guitar work won approval from the 'old guard' - Eric Clapton, Tina Turner,Diana Ross - and a younger audience, who pushed him into the platinum bracket
There are so many good tracks that choosing a couple is a momentary whim - the ones I like at the moment.



I wish I could have made this


He and his band have produced lots of good albums - perhaps critically successful are
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Twenty


2 comments:

jadedj said...

Fitz, I first became aware of Robert Cray through my friend Dennis Walker, when I lived in L.A. Dennis' wife and my then wife, were friends and that's how I got to know Dennis. Great guy, incredibly talented.

I may be wrong but did he not write, "Don't be afraid of the dark"? I'm pretty sure he produced it.

At any rate, I've always liked Robert Cray's smooth style. Thanks for posting this :)

Ron Moorby said...

Well I saw him in the UK many years ago - awesome!