Monday, January 26, 2009

The SqueezeMyLemon All Stars

Every now and then you find a clip on YouTube that is just so delightful. This is an example, I call this clip the "SqueezeMyLemon All Stars." I would have loved being at this show. But it just so happens that this was filmed in 1963, I was two years old at the time.

Can you imagine seeing Otis Spann, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Big Joe Williams, Willie Dixon, Victoria Spivey, Muddy Waters, Lonnie Johnson and Memphis Slim all on the same stage.

American Folk Blues Festival 1963


4 comments:

jadedj said...

Fitzgerald, not a day that I visit here is a disappointment...and the visit always MAKES my day. Yep, would have liked to have been at that one.

Chris said...

Man...Muddy's voice is ASTOUNDING.

Doug said...

Wow. I have heard of all these artists, but haven't heard that much of their music. That was a great introduction to the blues genre.

fitzgerald said...

jadedj, thanks for your continued support.

Chris, I know what you mean. That is the first thing that I thought too. When you compare them Muddy's voice has so much power.

Doug, glad you liked it.