Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Release: Cold Tremors by Albert Collins

Cold Tremors
Cold Tremors by Albert Collins
please click on image for info @Amazon.com


Track Listings

1. Intro
2. All About My Girl
3. I've Got a Mind to Travel
4. Things That I Used to Do
5. Frosty
6. Wah Heat
7. Can't See What You're Doing to Me
8. Cold Tremor
9. Johnny B Cool

Albert Collins was a blues guitarist who played his brains out. He was capable of getting more notes, more licks, more of that good stuff (as I like to call it) into every song. This is album is more of that.

Disc one features a much-recommended live album, that was recorded at the infamous El Mocambo in Toronto. The second disc features a 1969 gig Collins recorded at the Fillmore in San Francisco, when he served as an opening act for the Allman Brothers.


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

The very first time I drank in a bar, it was at the El Mocambo in Toronto. Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee were playing and I was a teen-aged blues freak and me and my buddy managed to get in, drink bad draft beer and hear an incredible performance. We were seated maybe 15 feet from Sonny and Brownie and they were so on their game.

fitzgerald said...

mister anchovy,

I love that story. Is the El Mocambo still open?