Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Release Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee

Folk Songs of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee
Folk Songs of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee
click image for info @Amazon.com


Track Listings
1. I Love You Baby
2. Corn Bread, Peas and Black Molasses
3. That's How I Feel
4. You'd Better Mind
5. Treated Wrong
6. Brownie's Blues
7. Southern Train
8. Just a Dream (On My Mind) - Sonny Terry, Broonzy, Willie
9. Sonny's Blues
10. Gone But Not Forgotten
11. Change the Lock on the Door
12. Climbing on Top of the Hill

Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee were a prolific blues duo for decades. One of their hardest to find albums is Folk Songs Of Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee. It was originally issued on the Roulette label in 1959. Now mastered from the original tapes, and using the original album cover artwork, fans of this classic duo will no longer have the blues! They can listen to the blues instead!


4 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

Cheers to you and yours and hopefully many others in this world this coming year.

Appreciate your blues choices, and quite a few I've not heard of.

I saw them once at the Great American Music Hall in SF when I was in my early 20s. Friends of mine (Reilly & Maloney) opened for them.

Right after that, I saw Dave Von Ronk.

Mercy, these guys were good!

Cheers and Thanks for popping by when you do!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Fitzgerald. Great blog here and glad to have found ya. (Summerwind)

Labetine said...

Hi Fitz, Happy New Year. :)

Dazy said...

When I was young I knew many of the songs by heart of McGhee. I was surprised by the elegance of his blues guitar style.