Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's the Birthday of Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix - Blues
Jimi Hendrix - Blues
Click image for info @Amazon.com



Jimi Hendrix was born on this day back in 1942. It goes without saying that he was one of the most influential guitarist of all time.

I am always amazed by the different ways that we all come to the music. Hendrix, who most people think of as a Rock musician, has always been a bluesman to me. Because I grew up in Louisiana and my older relatives listened to all the classic bluesmen non-stop, I did not get around to blues rock music until much later. Unlike some people who came to the blues the other way around, by lestening to Rock music.

I remember when I first heard Hendrix. I knew that he was playing blues music, but I did not totally get it. My older cousin and his friends loved him, so I figured that he must be cool. And as I listened to him more and more I realized just how special he was.

Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin' (Acoustic)


Jimi Hendrix- Red House


No comments: