Sunday, March 21, 2010

Joe Bonamassa: Black Rock

Black Rock is Joe's sixth album, it was recorded at and named for Black Rock Studios in Santorini, Greece. A fusion of blues, bouzouki and clarino - I had my doubts on first listen my ear didn't quite tune. However by the third time of listening to the album I found myself grinning from ear to ear and definitely chilled. An album I'll listen to repeatedly 4* out of 5 for me. Mr Bonamassa is getting better and better - he is in a good place!

A seller is his duet with B.B. King on the Willie Nelson 'Night Life'.


I also like Leonard Cohen's poetic 'Bird On A Wire'


Buy the album - see him on tour - I will!



I look forward to seeing his collaboration with Jason Bonham, Glenn Hughes and Derek Sherinian in forming a supergroup called Black Country.


3 comments:

Mr. & Mrs. Miles said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I heard another song of his on Bluesville XM and I knew I wanted to hear more. My parents help run a nonprofit bluesfest in the northeast, and I was REALLY hoping we could book him. Unfortunately, he's a bit expensive :p

fitzgerald said...

Thanks Ron for writing this, I was trying to find the words to say what you said.

This CD has been in my car CD player since I got it, and I've listened to it over and over. It does get better each time...

Anonymous said...

Check out the NEW Joe Bonamassa DVD LIVE @ The Beacon!!http://bit.ly/xAkgIX