Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The White Stripes on Conan O'Brien's Last Show

I'm always saying, "there is so much music and so little time." Consider the White Stripes for example. I have been planing on writing about them forever. But I could not really put them in the proper context for my humble little blues blog here. Well, some times my lackadaisical attitude gets overtaken by events.

Recently the White Strips played a unique version of We Are Going To Be Friends for Conan O'Brien's last show. Some music bloggers and commenters are slamming the performance, but it fits perfectly with their stripped down, blues folk music style. And I would love it if all their music was more like this.



The White Stripes @Amazon.com


3 comments:

GDC said...

Nice to see these guys mentioned here, I think Jack plays some of the most haunting blues guitar there is!

Great site, love the videos and biographical info.

Keep it up!

GDC

Anonymous said...

I love the white Stripes - I can see what people were going on about though - its not the most polished act ever (she looked a little uncomfortable)

Ricky Bush said...

Hey Fitzgerald--

Cool clip. They were up past my bedtime, so thanks for posting it. Anyway--

See ya--
Rick