Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blues Music Grammy Awards

I did not watch the Grammy Awards television show, but I did go online to Grammy.com to see who actually won the in the blues catagory. I'm presenting the various albums and the two winners. I thought it would be good to see who was nominated also.

I'm glad that I pretty much covered all these albums, so you can click on the artist labels below to see my original write ups. And if you would like to listen to mp3 samples of each album you can click on the image of each album.

Best Traditional Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)


* WINNER *
One Kind Favor by B.B. King
Grammy Winner - One Kind Favor by B.B. KingOne Kind Favor
B.B. King
[Geffen Records]




NOMINEES

The Blues Rolls On by Elvin Bishop
The Blues Rolls On
Elvin Bishop
[Delta Groove Music, Inc.]




Skin Deep by Buddy Guy
Skin Deep
Buddy Guy
[Silvertone Records]



All Odds Against Me by John Lee Hooker Jr.
All Odds Against Me
John Lee Hooker Jr.
[Steppin' Stone Records/CC Entertainment]



Pinetop Perkins and Friends
Pinetop Perkins & Friends
Pinetop Perkins & Friends
[Stoneagle Music/Telarc]





Best Contemporary Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)


* WINNER *
City That Care Forgot by Dr. JohnGrammy Winner - City That Care Forgot by Dr. JohnCity That Care Forgot
Dr. John And The Lower 911
[429 Records]




NOMINEES

Peace, Love & BBQ by Marcia Ball
Peace, Love & BBQ
Marcia Ball
[Alligator Records]



Like A Fire by Solomon Burke
Like A Fire
Solomon Burke
[Shout! Factory]



Maestro by Taj Mahal
Maestro
Taj Mahal
[Heads Up International]




Simply Grand by Irma Thomas
Simply Grand
Irma Thomas
[Rounder Records]


1 comment:

Dan said...

I thought Pinetop should have got it, but B.B. is always good.

Hey I've got my own blog www.bluesforlife.com and I wonder if you would be interested in a link exchange.