Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Release Susan Tedeschi – Back To The River (Verve Forecast)

Back To The River - Susan Tedeschi
Susan Tedeschi – Back To The River
Click image for CD @Amazon.com


Susan Tedeschi~Hurt So Bad

@ the Rhythm & Roots Festival. Charlestown, Rhode Island 9/1/07


I was just commenting over at The Blues Bloggers about Grammy Award-nominated singer and guitarist Susan Tedeschi. I really like her music so much. Her voice is amazing to me, when you see her and you hear her the two things don't seem to match. I keep saying, "how does all that power come out of such a small woman."

I loved her 2005 release Just Won't Burn, it is one of the blues albums in my collection where I can listen to ever song and say that I love it. Not many recording artist pull that off.

Her new release Back To The River, is her fifth studio album. It is her first in three years. This is supposed to be a very personal album. She worked with a number of roots music legends, including Tony Joe White and Gary Louris of the Jayhawks. She co-wrote all but one of the album's eleven songs with songwriter Sonya Kitchell.

Other musicians on this album includes her husband, Derek Trucks, and Texas bluesman Doyle Bramhall II. (Release date: 10/28/08)


No comments: