Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's the Birthday of Buddy Guy

Today is the birthday of George "Buddy" Guy (born July 30, 1936). He is a five-time Grammy Award-winning blues and rock guitarist and singer. Known as an inspiration to Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and other 1960s blues and rock legends, Guy is considered an important exponent of Chicago blues. He is the father of female rapper Shawnna and son Michael.

I would love to have written a long and lengthy post on him, but to tell you the truth I've been beat to the punch. I really enjoyed reading my online friend blues blogger's recent Buddy Guy post. And I hope you will too.


2 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

I saw him in Savannah back in the 90s. His cd, Damn right I got the Blues was out. He rocked that city.

Anonymous said...

Whenever my mind needs blown I have a habit of playing Buddy's Stone Crazy album. When he's on his game, he's hard to beat.