Monday, May 18, 2009

Zydeco Album In The Spotlight - Lay Your Burden Down by buckwheat Zydeco

Lay Your Burden Down
Lay Your Burden Down by Buckwheat Zydeco



Track Listing

1. When The Levee Breaks (featuring Sonny Landreth) 5:15
2. The Wrong Side (featuring Sonny Landreth) 4:28
3. Let Your Yeah Be Yeah 3:37
4. Don't Leave Me (featuring Trombone Shorty) 4:46
5. Back In Your Arms 4:29
6. Throw Me Something, Mister 3:57
7. Lay Your Burden Down (featuring Warren Haynes) 5:22
8. Time Goes By (featuring Steve Berlin) 4:05
9. Ninth Place 3:23
10. Too Much Time 2:59
11. Finding My Way Back Home 4:40

Down load the track Ninth Place for free @Amazon.com


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Many years ago, I attended a Buckwheat Zydeco show at a large club in Toronto. Maybe he was having a bad night. I don't know. After every song, one of the musicians introduced him again and again as such and such recording artist Buckwheat Zydeco. The show was so disappointing that I haven't been able to listen to his music since. It almost turned me off Zydeco. I should like his music. He played organ for the brilliant Clifton Chenier for a while, so he was well soaked in the Creole tradition. I just couldn't get past that show. But then I heard Beau Jocques as well as Chris Ardoin and his first band, Double Clutchin, and my faith that venerable music tradition was restored.

Anonymous said...

dam i love me some buckwheat zydeco listen to them almost every day