Wednesday, August 13, 2008

RIP Isaac Hayes

When great music artist like Isaac Hayes pass away, I often want to note their passing in some small and respectful way here in SML, but often the words fail me.

But I think that Reverend Keith A. Gordon over at About.com's blues page did a good job or honoring the late grate mister Hayes. In his profile on Isaac Hayes he states;

Although known primarily as a soul artist, Hayes' influence on blues music is undeniable, and blues artists such as Freddie King, B.B. King, Rory Gallagher, Earl Hooker, Tommy Castro, and the Fabulous Thunderbirds have all recorded songs written by Hayes.
Isaac Hayes-'Stormy Monday'


2 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Yeah, it felt like I lost a play uncle when I heard about Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac. They will be missed.

fitzgerald said...

It is said that the good die young, in both those cases it was true. I hope that God will bless their souls.

And thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.