Wednesday, August 27, 2008

B.B. Kings New Release: One Kind Favor

B.B. King
Buy at AllPosters.com

With his new release B.B. King is going back to the past. On his "One Kind Favor" release he is working with noted producer T-Bone Burnett, who helped him reproduce the studio conditions of the 1950s.

Mr. King is backed by pianist Dr. John, drummer Jim Keltner and bassist Nathan East. The songs include Big Bill Broonzy's "Backwater Blues," Lonnie Johnson's "Tomorrow Night," Blind Lemon Jefferson's "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" and T-Bone Walker's "I Get So Weary."

I only listened to the sample mp3s of the album, but my impression is that Mr. King is up to his old self. I like the sound of his voice, he sounds strong. As for the playing on the album, the music also sounds very good. Others who have reviewed this music say that B.B.'s guitar playing is also good on this effort. I really liked the blues horn sound on the track "The World Is Gone Wrong".

I hope we don't have to do that favor and clean his grave anytime soon.





B.B. King @ Amazon.com


2 comments:

Daniel Edlen said...

I'm excited to hear this, especially with Dr. John!

I recently did a painting of B.B. for an Alabama kids charity:

http://alabamablues.org/state.htm

Peace,
Daniel Edlen

fitzgerald said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.