Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Harmonica Day 2 - James Cotton

I love the blues music of James Cotton. Probably because he is an award winning harmonica player and because he makes it look so easy. He always seems to be having fun when he is playing.

You can read his bio at the James Cotton offical web site.

James Cotton - Rocket 88



James Cotton live at a radio show in 1993



Here is a James Cotton interview in Spanish. The notes at YouTube say, "James Cotton in Buenos Aires, Argentina, few interviews during press conference."

Over at the "I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIEND" Blog, there is an impressive group of mp3s for the song "Bring it on home" by many great musicians. You should check this out, it is a great post. One of them is James Cotton doing Bring it on Home. Not sure who is doing the vocals but Mr. Cotton is doing the harmonica.

More James Cotton @ SqueezeMyLemon.


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I LOVE that version of Rocket 88. James Cotton in his prime was one of my favourite bluesmen!

fitzgerald said...

mister anchovy, long time no see. Yes I like that version too. It is kind of strange, but I think it is wikipedia that states that James Cotton wrote this song. But other sources give the credit to Ike Turner. It is a great song though, it reminds me of some of todays rap songs.