Saturday, March 01, 2008

Elizabeth Cotten - Frieght Train

I'm nursing this old headache that I've got. But I did want to post a little something. The video that I had in mind can not be embeded; but it is a gem. So please check it out. It is Elizabeth Cotten in her own words, the way I like to present the blues muscian of days gone by. She tells the story of how she got her guitar and how she wrote the song Frieght Train.

The video that I am posting is a good one too, but the one above is much better so be sure to check it out.


Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train


Note from YouTube; Elizabeth Cotten on Rainbow Quest with Pete Seeger (No. 3)

Now I'm off to rest my aching head.

Pete Seeger's Rainbow Quest
with Judy Collins and Elizabeth Cotten
Pete Seeger's Rainbow Quest with Judy Collins and Elizabeth Cotten
please click image


No comments: