Thursday, February 25, 2010

Elmore James "Every Day I Have The Blues"

I don't know about y'all but every single day of my life I have the blues. But that might have something to do with the fact that everyday I search for some good blues music to post in my blues blog. LOL.



Notes from YouTube;

Often creditet to blues/boogie woogie pianist Memphis Slim (Peter Chatman), "Every Day I Have The Blues" goes back to the '30s, when it was recorded by the Sparks Brothers. It has become one of the most popular urban blues tunes. Lowell Fulson had a hit version in the early '50s, and the tune has long been B.B. King's opener and theme song. It has been recorded also by Albert King, Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry and many others. Elmore waxed it February 21, 1963 for Bobby Robinson's Enjoy Records in New York City on what was to be his last recording session.


Elmore James: Albums, CDs & MP3s @Amazon.com


No comments: