Monday, November 30, 2009

Joanne Shaw Taylor - "Joanne IS the new face of the blues"

It is my birthday this week so I have put this album on both my Birthday and Christmas lists. Worth posting again I hope you agree. Look at her tour dates (UK and US) here


"She plays with more attitude and flare than most. Massive potential here. Inspiring."

Guitarist magazine

"..... I heard something I thought I would never hear... a British White Girl playing blues guitar so deep and passionately it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end!"

(Dave Stewart/Eurythmics)

She plays with passion at Colne - which is no mean feat in my experience - cold, wet usually.


She is more serious here - being in the Blues heartland


A very, very good performance at Colne this year


White Sugar


3 comments:

Tim said...

Wow, she's awesome! Watching her flip her hair back numerous times is almost as entertaining as watching her play guitar. Thanks for posting this!

fitzgerald said...

Hey Ron thanks so much for posting this. This young lady is smoking hot, really like her music and style of playing.

Ron Moorby said...

British, blonde, female guitarist - what's there not to like