Monday, March 02, 2009

It's the Birthday of Rory Gallagher

Irish Tour
Irish Tour by Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher was born on 2 March 1948, and he passed away on 14 June 1995. He was an Irish blues/rock guitarist, born in Ballyshannon, County Donegal, part of the Province of Ulster.

And even though he had a shot life, and he suffered from illness, the guitarist, singer, and songwriter got a lot done in the world of blues music. His death was due to complications from a liver transplant surgery on June 14, 1995, at age 47.

If you are not familiar with his music click on the images in this post to listen to sample mp3s. Critics agree that Irish Tour 1974, Calling Card, or Fresh Evidence, show case his abilities as a guitarist, singer and songwriter.

Calling CardCalling Card by Rory Gallagher













Fresh Evidence
Fresh Evidence by Rory Gallagher


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passion for the blues comes in all sorts of packages, RG was proof of that. Thanks for remembering.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fitzgerald
I have been trying to find an email address for you all over your blog but haven't had any luck - I would appreciate it if you contacted me via my email or blog.
Thanks
Jamie

fitzgerald said...

Jol, you are welcome. The cool thing for me is to find all those different packages that the blues comes in and bring them together here at SML.

Jamie, over on the right hand side of the blog you will find my email address. It is fitzinator@gmail.com. Drop me a line anytime.

milo said...

The greatest blues/rock guitarist of all time. I'm listening right now to a concert he did at the Glasgow Apollo in 1982. Would that I could be transported back to a time there was still Rory Gallagher concerts to go to.

Milo
shadowplays.com/blog