Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Big Joe Williams in His Own Words


I love it when the bluesmen speak for themselves. There are a lot of people like me who write about what they said and did, but it is best to hear them say it in their own words.

Here we have Big Joe Williams talking about his music, and how he has written songs for women that he has known over the years. It is very delightful to here him talk about some of these mean old blues in such a light hearted way, with panache and a bit of comedy.

Big Joe Williams - Arkansas Woman (1966)


Shake Your Boogie
Shake Your Boogie by Big Joe Williams
please click image


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Excellent video. I've long thought that Big Joe Williams was a really inspired bluesman.

fitzgerald said...

mister anchovy, thanks so much for stopping by. Big Joe Williams often makes me laugh, and I love his guitar work.