Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lightnin' Hopkins talks about the blues

Back in 2006, I wrote the following about Lightnin' Hopkins;

If you want to learn how to play blues guitar, a good place to start would be to buy ever piece of Lightnin Hopkins' music that you can find and to study it nonstop. Lightnin's nimble dexterity, his ability to create some of the coolest boggie riffs, his often funny improvised lyrics that fit into whatever situation the bluesman found himself in, all combine to make him one of my favorite blues performers.

Or if like me you just like listening to someone who knows how to play a guitar, then you might want to check this out;

It was true then and it is true now.

Check the man out in his own words.

Lightnin' Hopkins talks about the blues



Lightnin' Hopkins sings Green Onions



Lightnin' Hopkins Mojo Hand 1962


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I love his guitar playing. Just right.

fitzgerald said...

Yes, he was a very cool and skillful guitar player. When I first started listening to his music, I could not believe how he just created songs off the fly they way he did.