Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Big Mama Thornton - Female Harmonica Player

Now I do get excited by female blues guitar players (like Memphis Minnie in my last couple of post), but let me tell you, if you are a female that knows how to play a harmonica, I'll make Mrs. F. sleep on the floor.

You probably don't understand, but that is OK. Consider if you will Big Mama Thornton. Son when I tell you that she could rip it up, you better believe that.

And if you don't, then see for yourself.



Ball and Chain



Big Mama Thornton - Down Home Shakedown
Includes John Lee Hooker



Big Mama Thornton - Rock me (Oregon 1971)





Big Mama Thornton, Francis Clay, James Cotton, Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson, Muddy Waters, Otis Spann & Samuel Lawhorn - Big Mama Thornton With the Muddy Waters Blues Band - 1966

Big Mama Thornton


No comments: