Monday, December 21, 2009

Why'd you do it baby?


Why'd you put that thing on me?


Albert Luandrew was born September 5, 1907 and had the blues until March 17, 1995. He took the name Sunnyland Slim after a train, the Sunnyland, that ran between Memphis and St. Louis. Mr. Slim played some mean piano.

He came up to Toronto one time in the early 80s I think, and played Albert's Hall at the Brunswick House, which was the best blues room in the city back then. I remember him singing, "Be careful how you vote people, be careful how you vote, cause the man you vote for just might let you down." Later I told people, man we saw Sunnyland Slim last night, the great Sunnyland Slim and they looked at me like I was nuts.


4 comments:

Ron Moorby said...

Thanks for introducing me to yet another Bluesman - you have certainly earned your spurs with the number of live performances.

I hope you and yours have a good Christmas

mister anchovy said...

Best Christmas wishes to you and your family as well, Ron.

fitzgerald said...

My friends, I wish you both and your families the best this Christmas, and may the New Year, bring you all health and happiness.

mister anchovy said...

hey Fitz, Merry Christmas!