Friday, September 08, 2006

Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee Videos

One of the main reasons that I learned to play the harmonica was because of Sonny Terry. I actually became aware of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee via Sonny Terry's music which I listened to first. But then after I bought a couple of their CDs I learned to love Brownie McGee too. I really enjoy his performance in the video below.


Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee- Born And Livin' With The Blues


Other Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee Videos @ YouTube

Corn Bread & Peas - This video includes some interesting commentary.

Key To The Highway

Easy Rider - Note the harmonica work on this song. This is from the Pete Seeger's Rainbow Quest DVD mentioned below and is a delightfully display of blues mastery. These guys tear this one up.

Sun Gonna Shine In My Back Door

A great source of some great video of Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee is the DVD Pete Seeger's Rainbow Quest - with Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, and Mississippi John Hurt, Hedy West, & Paul Cadwell (see link below). This is a great DVD because it also has music by Mississippi John Hurt.



file under;
, ,

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Post a Comment