Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pedimont Blues Guitarist Etta Baker Dies At 93.

Atta Baker


I love the pedimont blues. Because it is just simple and sweet blues music. Mrs. Etta Baker, a great peidmont blues player has passed to the other side. If I were a better writer I would write something more fitting to remember this gentle soul by. A woman who played the blues with such passion and grace.

Due to my failings, instead I think it might be better to give links where you can go and possibly down load some of Mrs. Baker’s music if you have never heard her. I think her music says it better than I ever could.

MP3s
Links to Etta Baker mp3s

"Never Let Your Deal Go Down" Mp3

"One-Dime Blues" Mp3

Articles
Etta Baker @ Fitzgerald’s Journal.

Etta Baker - Fingerpicking the Piedmont Blues

Etta Baker @ wikipedia

Etta Baker, Legend of Piedmont Blues NPR

Blues guitarist Etta Baker dies at 93



file under;
, ,


2 comments:

Stagg said...

Hello!! I'm STAGG-a good friend of Mr. Anchovie-awhile back he told me to tell you this story.One fine eve' Mr. Anchovial & the Tuff Princess came to Chicago for many reasons but I surprised us all with tix to see an hear Otis Rush-Big James opened up!! Mr. Anchovie couldn't believe that Buddy Guy was just hangin' at Ledgends- as he froze the Tuff Princess got his autograph and I followed!!!!We had a great time...it took my out of town friends to wake me up to ALL the great arts that I once took for granted within my WindyCity. STAGG .

fitzgerald said...

Thanks for sharing a great story. I hope you like the last video I posted. Please come back anytime and share your stories of the blues with me.