Saturday, August 26, 2006

Bukka White's Poor Boy Long Way from Home Video

The way Bukka White says, "You got to give me a chance to get all my tools out now, what'cha reckon." and then just goes into this song, makes me laugh. I guess you would have to have grown up around people who talk like that to understand.

And then there is that beautiful National Steel Guitar, being played on his lap. You got to love it.



And here is another surprise, a video of Bukka White playing a piano boogie.

Also check out this post over at trees lounge where you will find an mp3 of Bukka White's song "Boogie 'Til DuBuque." This post is one in a series of the great post from the 50 States.

file under;
, ,


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Wow, the piano boogie is a real surprise to me!

fitzgerald said...

It caught me off guard too, but when you think about it Bukka White was an excellent musician. So we really should not be too surprised that the man had other musical skills!