Thursday, June 08, 2006

Victoria Spivey - Black Snake Blues Video



One of the things I love about going back and looking at the prewar blues musicians is discovering those who I have not heard of before. Here is an example. I was searching for a different video clip for Lonnie Johnson. I posted a video of him singing "Another Night to Cry" last month, to compliment some mp3s of his that I had posted earlier.

And I came across this little gem, Victoria Spivey - Black Snake Blues. I am not that familiar with Mrs. Spivey's music, but I'm now busy as you read this coming up to speed on her. I hope to be able to post more of her stuff soon.

Notice that in this video she is being backed by Sonny Boy Williamson and Lonnie Johnson.



The reason that I was looking for a Lonnie Johnson is because it was in this month back in 1970 that he died after being struck by a car in Toronto. And I wanted to remember him by sharing some more of his music, and I think that this video is a fitting remembrance to him.

Great selection of Victoria Spivey ram files @ redhotjazz.com


file under;
, , ,

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Post a Comment