Saturday, August 18, 2012

Carolina Chocolate Drops Perform Leaving Eden

This group of musicians make beautiful music, and that is really all I can say about it.  It takes me back to that good old stuff that I used to hear my great uncle and grandmother play and sing.


Notes from YouTube:  The Carolina Chocolate Drops perform "Leaving Eden" at Memorial Hall, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC, Feb. 3 2012. With Rhiannon Giddens, Dom Flemons, Leyla McCalla and Hubby Jenkins. Unfortunately you can't see or hear Dom very well in this recording but he is playing some really nice guitar.

Leaving Eden was written by Laurelyn Dossett and is the title track of the Chocolate Drops' upcoming cd, produced by Buddy Miller.


2 comments:

Ron Moorby said...

Just great - they get better and better with listening

fitzgerald said...

Yes, Ron I agree. I just love this old music it harkens back to a simpler time, it is so crisp and heartfelt as performed by this wonderful band. Hope all is well with you and yours.