Sunday, August 12, 2012

Brad Mehldau - Coltrane, Jimi Hendrix, Beethoven and God

I found the article very touching and insightful

Coltrane, Jimi Hendrix, Beethoven and God
......You confront something that is greater than you and greater than what has until that point been safely contained in your worldview. This new greatness is unfamiliar, and your initial reaction is fear – fear of what is unknown, and also fear of something that is bigger and more powerful than you, something that could crush you. That sounds dramatic – can mere music do that to you?  .....
....(“One person I saw,” thought Siddhartha, “one only, before whom I had to bow down my eyes. Before no others do I want to bow down my eyes anymore, before no one else anymore. No teaching will seduce me anymore, just as even this person’s teaching has not seduced me.”) ....








No comments: