Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Blues and Gospel: An Example

Here is a post from the archives, had to make some minor edits, it is one of my first post in the Gospel blues series. Over the next few Sundays I plan to post more of these from the archives, and I hope you all enjoy them.

I would really appreciate it if you let me know if you like this series. Please leave a comment.

This clip is a cool example of how blues music and Gospel music are closely related. Sister Rosetta Tharpe is also one of my favorite guitar players. If you want to learn how to play blues or Gospel music, she is a great model to study.

The link below will take you to YouTube where you can watch the clip, because embedding has been disabled by request. But please click through, you won't be disappointed.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe and the Chicago Blues Allstars



According to a commnet left at YouTube about this video, the Blues Allstars are; "Lee Jackson Guitar, Lafayette Leake piano, Clifton James on drums, Willie Dixon Bass, and of course Big Willie Horton on Harmonica."

Gospel Blues @SqueezeMyLemon

Sister Rosetta Tharp @ Amazon.com


1 comment:

Ron Moorby said...

Hurrah! Sister Rosetta