Friday, December 05, 2008

Cadillac Records Review by Armond White

I've been posting a lot about the movie Cadillac Records lately. That might have something to do with the fact that it is up for release today.

This review, by award-winning film critic Armond White, titled If You Liked It, Then You Shoulda Put a Wig on It, is a great read and that title made me laugh out loud.

Beyonce Sings Church Bells - Cadillac Records - 12/5


Thanks to my friend over at The Blues and Then Some for bringing this to my attention. You can also read Today's Chicago Blues recent post on the movie.


2 comments:

Yoknapatawpha Kid said...

Dear Squeeze,

Thanks for the link to the 'Cadillac Records' review! It was definitely an interesting read. My name is Peter Ricci, and I am a college student and writer who currently contributes to 'Too Shy to Stop,' an upstart online magazine focused on culture and the arts.

I found you entry, as it would turn out, while doing research for my own article on the film. My review focuses on how the film's ambitious source material overwhelms the final product, but, as I discovered, it may still be worth a watch.

If you have the time, check it out! I’d love for you (and anybody else who reads this) to read it and comment.

http://tooshytostop.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/cadillac-records-introduces-new-generation-to-blues/

Sincerely,

Peter Ricci

Anonymous said...

Кажется, это подойдет.