Saturday, April 05, 2008

Link to Wayne Miller's Chicago 1946-48 Photo Essay

First you should go to the post prior to this one and pause the music.

A friend from StumbleUpon sent me this link. Magnum Photos Chicago 1946-48 Photo essay by Wayne Miller.

We may differ in race, color, language, wealth, and politics. But look at what we all have in common. If I could photograph these universal truths, I thought that might help us understand.
- Wayne Miller

It is my contention that the blues if nothing else is one of those universal truths.


3 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

And, like Shel Silverstein once said: "when you turn out the lights, we're all the same!"

Thanks 4 sharing!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

coffee messiah, You are welcome, and thanks to you for leaving that cool Shel Silverstein quote.

I loved reading his books to my daughter when she was a little girl, now I just read them to myself.

Steel String Blues said...

What a great quote and amazing pictures. Thank you for sharing them :)