Thursday, September 01, 2005

Venerable Bluesman R.L. Burnside Dies


He is probably in heaven sitting down.

I hope Mr. Burnside has a peaceful journey to the other side and may God bless his soul. One of his albums was named, "Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down" and I hope that he is. My condolences go out to his widow Alice Mae, and his kids and grandkids. RIP R.L.

Blues Veteran R.L. Burnside Dies from Billboard.com.

R.L. Burnside Dead at 78 by Paul Cashmere from Undercover.com.

R.L. Burnside @ Answers.com

Donewaiting.com

Write up on R.L. @ Fat Possum Records


mp3s by R.L. Burnside from Fat Possum.com

"Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down"

"See What My Buddy Done"

"Shake 'Em on Down"

"Goin' Down South (featuring Lyrics Born)"

mp3s by R.L. Burnside from Amazon.com

"Bad Luck City"

"Hard Time Killing Floor"

"Walkin' Blues"

"Goin' Down South"




File under;




1 comment:

SweetKali said...

I send my prayers and a blessing to R.L. Burnside; may he rest strong and proudly so that he may sing and play again for all his friends in Paradise. Thank you as well for your kind words.