Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Frances Taylor Davis, dancer and wife of Miles Davis

 There is not enough time to learn about all the beautiful people from Jazz and dance.  Frances Davis is one of them, I wasn't looking for this video interview.  But I am glad that I found it.  I think you will find it as interesting as I did.

She lived a very interesting life, including her time with Miles, but her dance career was so wonderful.

It is a sad story for those of us who think highly of Miles Davis, he could be such an ass, and in this case he was!

 

Video Notes;

Frances Taylor Davis shares her life history as a pioneering dancer with Katherine Dunham dance company, her marriage to Miles Davis and renewal after as a survivor. Recorded at the Italian Cultural Center, Los Angeles. 50min feature. Jonathan Bewley producer. Rick Bowman videographer. http://snapshotsfoundation.com/



 

Hope you enjoy it.



Jazz And Its Discontents: A Francis Davis Reader





No comments: