Saturday, July 01, 2006

Otis Rush "I Can't Quit You Baby" Video

Here is a cool video of another one of my favorite bluesmen. A man who not only played the blues but lived the blues. Otis Rush's guitar style is what intrigues me the most about him. He plays a right handed guitar left handed, upside down without restringing it. I think this makes the sound of his guitar playing unique. He has a big old tone on almost every note. Then there is the voice, he has a very powerful tenor voice that is shown well here.

I like how Mr. Rush totally looks the part of a bluesman in this video, neat dress, black sunglasses, processed hair. And then there is the audience in this video, straight out of the sixties. Too cool.



"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell!
I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down for a while,
Well, you know I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down for a while,
Yes, you messed up my happy home baby, you made me mistreat my only child."

Otis Rush DVDs



Mr. Rush suffered a stroke in 2004 and has since recovered and by all accounts is doing well.

file under;
, , ,


2 comments:

Julius Deane said...

Hmm, is that the same one they used in Devil's Rejects?

fitzgerald said...

duckhump, gald to see that you liked it.

jarret, I did not see that movie. I checked the IMDB, but did not find any info on the music in that film.