Sexy music - Lisboa (Julho, 1996) Phil Woods interpretou nesta noite o tema Harlem nocturne (Earle Hagen & Dick Rogers, 1939). E disse-nos que, em muitos dos seus gigs...
3 days ago
Staff Benda Bilili are a group of street musicians in Congo-Kinshasa. They live around the grounds of the zoo in Kinshasa, and play music which is rooted in rumba, with elements of old-school rhythm'n'blues and reggae. The core of the band consists of four senior singers/guitarist, who are all disabled (they suffered from poliomyelitis when they were young) and move around in spectacularly customized tricycles. They are backed by a younger rhythm section consisting of ex-sheges, abandoned street kids who were taken under the protection of the older members of the band.
01. Come On In My Kitchen (Charlie Musselwhite)Web site
02. Ramblin’ On My Mind (Lightnin’ Malcolm, Cedric Burnside)
03. When You Got A Good Friend (Hubert Sumlin, Ruthie Foster, Lightnin’ Malcolm)
04. Cross Road Blues (B.B. King)
05. Preachin’ Blues (Lightnin’ Malcolm, Cedric Burnside)
06. Kind Hearted Woman (Ruthie Foster, Lightnin’ Malcolm)
07. If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day (Lightnin’ Malcolm, Honeyboy Edwards,
08. Last Fair Deal Gone Down (Charlie Musselwhite)
09. All My Love Is Love In Vain
10. Sweet Home Chicago (Honeyboy Edwards, Charlie Musselwhite)
I do like personalities with big voices and this lady has both.
Eden Brent is an award-winning American musician on the independent Yellow Dog Records label. A blues pianist and vocalist, she combines boogie-woogie with elements of blues, jazz, soul, gospel and pop. Her vocal style has been compared to Bessie Smith, Memphis Minnie and Aretha Franklin.
Along with other awards, Brent garnered two 2009 Blues Music Awards - one for Acoustic Artist of the Year, the other for Acoustic Album of the Year (Mississippi Number One). In 2006, she won the Blues Foundation's International Blues Challenge.
Iness Mezel has perfect credentials for a fusion artist. Her mother is French-Italian, her father is Algerian and she was brought up in Algeria and France, where she listened to disco and funk, and studied piano, singing and jazz improv. Perhaps more importantly, she came to the attention of Justin Adams, our finest exponent of African-blues fusion styles ....
Justin Adams is a guitarist and composer who works in blues and African styles.
Adams co-wrote the 2005 Robert Plant album "Mighty Rearranger", and is a renowned producer. He has worked with Saharan desert blues group Tinariwen, whose first and third albums he produced, Robert Plant's Strange Sensations band, and has collaborated with Brian Eno, Juldeh Camara, Jah Wobble, Lo'Jo and musicians from African, Arabic and Irish traditions.